Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm still alive....

Hello everyone.....it's been a long while since I wrote in my blog so I figured it was about time to make an appearance.
I am doing fantastic at Millar Brooke. I have been riding lots....usually between 2-4 horses a day and loving every minute of it. It pays to ask for what you want. I've always been a bit of a go getter.
I don't remember the last day I didn't ride. Even on my days off....I ride :) Happy Camper!

Everyone has come and gone more then a few times now. They've been to Bolton, Palgrave, Blainville, and Ottawa. I actually got to make a day trip to Ottawa and hang with the crew and actually watch some of the show. While I was sitting with Amy on the fence of the ring I looked over to see Beth Underhill sitting beside us. I of course went up to say hello and see how things are going. It feels great to be able to approach these riders and actually have them know who I am :)
It was a very hot day and I got to enjoy some shopping. Picked up some new breeches and boot socks. Being here is causing me to have a taste for quality expensive things which my *ahem* savings account seems to be complaining about as the savings that is happening in minimum. I keep telling myself it's all an investment for my working wardrobe LOL. rolls eyes.....

In about 10 days or so Amy and Jonathan will be heading over to Europe and Ian will be heading back to Spruce for the Masters. Always coming and going around here. I'm about the only constant besides the maitenence crew haha. I enjoy it though as show grooming just isn't for me anymore.
I adore the Barn Manager title and having the horses that stay home.
We are bringing a few more of the young horses in so I'm looking forward to working with them more this fall.....ugh.....fall. I can't believe summer has come and almost went. The leaves are changing and falling far too fast for my liking. I know just how cold Ontario winters get and I'm not so sure how I feel about living through another one.
I have been here 7 months now....crazy hey, how fast time flies.
I've gained leaps and bounds of experience and enjoy just taking it all in.
I haven't really formed a plan for whats next. I had intended to be here for a year so we'll see. I continue to keep my eye out for a dressage trainer I'd like to work for next.
The future is all so unknown and for the moment I am just living in the Now and it's a fantastic place to be.
So how is the Island? I really really really miss home!
I still have a few horses for sale back home if anyone is looking.....
Hope this finds you all well. TTFN
I am relaxing this evening and got myself a movie to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment