Thursday, June 4, 2009

Live Happy, Laugh Often, Love Much

Hi All,

Wow June 4th already. Time is passing by so quickly. The days continue to get more warm and summertime is just around the corner. One of my best friends gets married in one month today. I hope I can be there for her on this next amazing journey of her life....thinking of you babe!
We are growing up.....when we stop to turn around and look back at where we came from I hope we are all happy with what we see. We should live in the now and stride forward with our heads held high and be ready to experience whatever life puts in front of our path. Everyone is walking a different journey that is suited to each and all their hopes and dreams. Dream big, reach for the stars and never give up.
I am living proof that hard work and dedication pay off.
Everyday that sun rises and sets I am more and more happy with where I am. Everyday I am thankful, everyday I miss my family but their support helps me in knowing that I am exactly where I need to be for right now. I love you.
Tomorrow is going to be an incredible day. I have a lunging lesson with Ian and Centre Ice and a riding lesson with Amy and Cash. Any rider knows just how truely excited I am right now!
I have two more days with them before they head off to Spruce Meadows with he rest of the staff and horses who left earlier in the week. I will be manning the farm again. I have 7 horses inside, and 13 outside and 2 other staff to help me. I am confident in taking charge and priveliged to have the faith put in me to take it on. Thank you Millar Family. Such wonderful people who have dedicated every part of their being to achieve their dream and strive towards greatness. I have said it before but the countless hours, hard work, riding, teaching, training that they put in far exceeds my expectation of what I had previously thought. It brings me such joy to be here, to be apart of their legacy, to be part of the Millar Brooke team.
Thank you world for my 24 years and heres to many many many more. One foot in front of the other I will continue to walk along my path. Goodnight TTFN

2 comments:

  1. I am very happy for you Shawna....I really think that you've shown many people that DREAMS DO COME TRUE........If you work hard you can accomplish the moon......Your family must be very proud of what you have accomplished....We miss you on the Island, but I know that when you return that you will feel fulfilled and be more than ready to take future steps in your next endeavours.....

    Big hugs and love are being sent your way.....You certainly have done well for your 24 years...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shawna, Come out, come out, wherever, you are.........

    ReplyDelete