Saturday, May 30, 2009

These are the best days

I have another day off today :) I was so excited yesterday when Amy said I could have today off as I sure wasn't expecting it. I think I'm going to do nothing as I havent taken the time to do that since I got here.
I slept for 12 hours....apparently I was more tired then I thought haha. Doing nothing feels so great.
I got to ride yesterday !!! I am so happy. I rode Cash walk, trot, canter and he felt awesome. Can't believe he hasn't been in work for so long as he sure doesn't feel like he's had time off. I really feel a connection with that horse. Maybe it's just because I was the one to bring him in from the field and clean him up into the beautiful creature that he is. I've seen his transformation from dirty feild horse back into the strong, elegant athlete he once was and will continue to be. Amy told me yesterday he and In Style actually have the same sire so they are half brothers....how neat is that! I felt so free on the back of that horse. Again I am right where I need to be and I LOVE what I do.
It was a surreal experience to be on the other side of the arena....riding...with Amy Millar and the other students around me. I am so very thankful for every experience I get.
Each and every day I stop and think to myself where I am and how I got here. It's been an incredible adventure. Anyone can do anything if you just want it bad enough and put your mind to getting there.
My mom had a good point about my blog....she said to just keep it more to my personal feelings and what I do in a day instead of actual little details about my day. I'll just keep it more personal and use it as a way to share my thoughts and feelings with you. Maybe my words will give you hope to reach out and achieve your dreams. Maybe my words can make a difference in your life like so many people , words, quotes and stories have made a difference in mine.
Life is far too short to not live like today is your last day.....so go out and do whatever blows your hair back.....right mom? Thats her new favorite way to live. Live Life on the edge. Good Luck. RIP Smiley...Always loved and Never forgotten....too many friends taken too young. Miss you <3

1 comment:

  1. Your Mom is a very wise lady, Shawna.....I also like that "whatever blows your hair back" LOL....almost as much as "whatever floats your boat"....Ha Ha Ha...

    ReplyDelete