Saturday, May 9, 2009

My body hurts

The past few days have been very long and full of things to do as we get ready for the horse show. I worked from 7 am until 8 pm tonight, non stop.....I am so far past exhausted it`s not even funny. Right from the get go this morning I was tired and a little dizzy so you can only immagine how I feel now. I don`t know how much longer I can keep going as this pace. I need to slow down. With everyone leaving on Monday I`m not sure I`ll be getting a day off until they come back....hmmmm.
I haven`t been riding yet as we have needed all hands on deck to get packed and horses clipped ect. We only have tomorrow left to get everything together then they leave Monday morning. Amy said she`ll watch me ride when they get back from the show so we can hopefully put my program together before they head off to spruce meadows.
She did mention I might be able to ride on or two this time but we`ll see what happens.
It`s so stormy here tonight. I was clipping Monte when all of a sudden the power went out and there was thunder and lightening outside. It rained like I have never seen rain before...and I`m from Vancouver Island! Within like 30 seconds the main yard was flooded and sheets of water were falling from the sky. The power did come back on so I was able to finish clipping thank goodness haha. Ìt`s still really windy and I can hear it wistling past my windows.
I think there was alot more I was going to write about but my brain cannot even function and my hands don`t want to keep typing. I`m going to grab some food, have a shower and head to bed again. Wake up and then do it all again tomorrow.....whew!
TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there :) I used to work looooong shifts and I know where you're coming from...some days it just feels like you've got nothing left in the tank yet somehow you make it through the day...only to have to do it again the next day! Eat good food and sleep as much as you can. Both things I'm sure you know :)
    Your new job working with the youngsters sounds like its going to be incredibly fun and rewarding...I bet it will make the days fly right past!

    ReplyDelete