Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What a beautiful day

Today started off as any other normal day. It was a little cooler this morning and was trying to rain....the weather forcast called for 27 degree weather....I thought HA yeah right. But sure enough this afternoon it cleared up and all of a sudden got hot out. WOW I was amazed. I had a very busy day that flowed smoothly.
The horses were well behaved today which I was so happy to have as yesterday with the wind they all wanted to run and try to give me a heart attack. No running remember.....so I was out there catching everyone as quick as you can say stop it. Silly horses. I caught them all with no problems though and they either went on the walker or we went out to hand graze instead.
I just love In Style, he has the best personality ever and is so inquisitve and cuddly. I am thoroughly enjoying getting to spend so much time with such incredible horses and am blessed to have them a part of my life.
I just adore the weather in Ontario and wished we didn't get so much rain on the Island. I mean it's nice here at least every second day if not every day. Even when it's ugly one day is usually all it lasts. I try to remember how cold it gets here in the winter too but for now it's beautiful. The blossoms are coming out on the trees and the hairy horses outside are starting to look more shed out and sleek. The inside horses are clipped all the time so they never have hair anyway.
I took some pictures today of a horse named Cash that I'm supposed to get to ride soon. He's been turned out in the field for a year and half and has just been brought back in. Today was his 2nd ride since being back and he looks fabulous. I can't wait to get on him. He was apparently quite the Grand Prix horse in his day.....I'm told he's 14 or 16 ish now.
I started preparing the barn for everyone to come home. 10 horses come back on Saturday night and the other 14 come back on Sunday. So from now until then I have 24 stalls to bed and have ready. Keep in mind I'm still just me. But a new girl comes on saturday.....yay! Looking forward to it. I've had the "young lads" as they call them around here to help me with the grunt work though. They ever so nicely stacked the barns mile high with shavings bags and hay so I'm set in that department.
I have a good handle on things around here and am feeling pretty content with it all.
When the weather is this beautiful and the scenery is so amazing I look around and just take it all in everyday. I really do love my job. The hard days, the stress, the long hours, the sore muscles and feet that ache....but there's so many pros to the cons that are all just part of it. It's definatly not a place for everyone but for me.....it's perfect. I am exactly where I need to be right now and am loving my life.
I love quotes.....so here are two of my MANY favs:

Live well, Laugh Often, Love much.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who dont. And believe everything happens for a reason.
TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Quotes to live by.... I've heard them many times, they are so true.....

    ReplyDelete