Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Hi All...I know this week I've been off writing my blog as much. I've been pretty tired by the time I get home so haven't written. I need to sit down and do it as soon as I get home while I'm still buzzing before I just want to sleep haha.
Jacque....I'm still here I promise.
My days are definatly longer here at the farm since I'm alone as I need to stay until I get everything done. Some days that goes according to plan but as soon as I need to do something else like scrub buckets, give hay to the ouside horses, hand walk one of them or something else comes up suddenly it takes alot longer to get things done.
The horses continue to be great. We had a new one arrive yesterday but then he turned around and left again for the horse show today and I traded for two more. So now I have 5 in the barn and 14 outside.
I'm doing ok here by myself though. Feeling pretty confident about running the whole kit and kaboodle :) Besides being alone is only temporary.....
The sunshine is back out and beautiful today. I love Ontario weather!
Oh guess what....I overflowed my toilet today....oops. It was actually nothing I did. The pump got clogged down at the front of the barn which in turn over flowed my toliet upstairs. So I walked into a bit of a mess in my bathroom when I walked in.....water everywhere. Willy helped me figure out what is was and I cleaned it all up.....good as new. Willy is fixing the pump now. Apparently this toilet likes to have a mind of its own and everyone has an issue with it.
I really enjoy being here and running things my way. I mean "The Millar Brooke Way" but I answer to me. It's a nice change from the past few months. Almost feels like running my farm again except way nicer and way more work with horses that have more of a daily schedule that I do. I wish someone told me when to eat, when to excersize, when to sleep.....maybe then I'd be a skinny minny lol.
You will all be so proud of me.....I made an attempt to be social on saturday night. I was talking to a friend I had met online and he talked me into going to a country concert that was playing in town. They were called Ambush and it was a good show. It was so nice to meet some other people I don't work with and enjoy an evening out. I paid for it the next day though as I stayed out past my 10 pm bedtime LOL. I made it through though. I'm only 24 and going out and then working the next day already is getting harder hahahaha. The next night I went to bed pretty much right after work. Got up to do night check and then went back to bed (and you wonder why you haven't heard from me) Today I feel much better and am all caught up on my sleep. I feel like I've been faced with a choice of one or the other.....have a career or be social....I can't have both at the same time. Make being young and being so driven hard at times as the days you want to have a "normal" life you pay for it more then the rest of them.
Now that I've worked from 7 am until 6 o clock....I'm HUNGRY and going to go make myself some food.
Talk to you soon....I promise.
TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Awe, there you are.....back in the land of the living.....Oh for those early years, I remember them well.......LOL.....Start work at 8:00 a.m., finish at 4:30, 5:00.....Be at the bar by 5:10, Eat chips and peanuts, party most of the night away and start over then next morning at 8:00 a.m.....I honestly don't remember sleeping to much, except on Sunday and that would be for most of the day.....Awe, yes, them good ol' days.....I think if I tried that now you'd find me an emergency room somewhere.....simply cause if I went to sleep I wouldn't wake up for days......Gosh I don't know where all that energy went.....LOL....

    I'm glad that life is settling a little better for you now........I think that routine is a good healthy thing, but as you said above you really need to have friends not only in the horse world but in the other world as well....It's good for the soul....

    Keep the stories comin' Shawna, I love reading about what your doing, even when you overflow your toilet.....LOL....

    ReplyDelete