Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I finally feel "home"

Well I was about to go to bed as it's 11 pm but I thought about the people I told that I'd be writing in my blog tonight and felt bad with the thought of them sitting at their computers clicking "refresh" until it appears. HAHA ok ok maybe I'm not THAT exciting but a girl can wish right hehehe.
I had the most wonderful day off today which I so badly needed. It started by convincing my body to sleep in past 6 o clock. I woke up at 6, 7:30, 8 and 9 but managed to stay in bed until about 10. Got up and wandered around the house, let Diva out to pee. Got my cleaned up and ready to go into town. Walked through the barn first and took a couple pictures since I don't normally have time to. One of the girls mentioned there was a meeting at 11 so I figured I better stick around for that. Sat down with Ian, Amy and Jonathan and went over a few topics we needed to cover to get ready for the next round of horse shows. I am meeting with Amy tomorrow as well to go over more of what I'll be doing while everyone else is gone. I hope I get the answers to my questions I've been going over.
Tried to put Diva in the apartment but with the people meeting below she wanted to make a fuss....so to not make a scene I brought her with me. I drove to the next town over, Smith Falls about 25 minutes away to go to good ol Walmart :) I spent WAY too much money today but I really needed to make the apartment feel more like home and more liveable. So I bought a 27 inch TV, a phone, an alarm clock, dish clothes, a really cute dog bed for Diva and a food dish, some toys, plates and cups for me, cheeta print gum boots for mucking stalls (he he he) I thought they were cute. And a few other little odds and sodds. I came home and dropped it all off. Got some people to help me wrangler it all up into the apartment. Brad took me over to get a table for the TV and I might go back to the shed tomorrow to get the matching coffee table since I know it'll fit. Then I went into Perth and went to a few little stores....already mentioned the things I bought......
The girls needed the car after work so I came back to the farm to trade off with them. I had wanted to spend more time walking around Perth and enjoying the nice sunny quiet day but that will have to wait until next time. Had too much to do to get settled this time around. Don't worry I will post some cute little pictures from around here once I get to them. Spent the whole evening re arranging my apartment, cleaning dishes and putting things where I want them to be.
Ahhhh for the first time I feel happy in my space. It's not done yet as I still havent finished all the cubbords or made it to my bedroom but it's a work in progress.
Now it's late so I'm going to take Diva out for the last time before I turn in. Sleep well everyone. Hug everyone who's close to you as you never realize how much you miss them until your miles away. I love you family! Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome "home". It is so nice to be settled. I had the same feeling when I organized my apartment in Nanimo when I went to school there. Such a nice feeling. We miss you too. Looking forward to the pictures as both my parents spent time in ON.

    ReplyDelete