Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy May Long weekend

Wow Friday already....I've been slacking on my blog writing. Whats new....hmmm I now have TV and a Phone with unlimited long distance YAY. I emailed out my contact info incase anyone wants to call or mail me :)
Each week I seem to be getting my apartment closer to feeling like home. Now I just need to find energy to go into town and meet some people so I can have a little bit of a life outside of work.
I have almost been on my own, in charge of the farm, for a whole week and things are going great. My other groom left yesterday so today was my first day flying completly solo.
I'm really enjoying my job. Apart from one really stormy ugly day the weather has been beautiful and when I see the sun rise every morning I'm thankful for such a beautiful thing to wake up to.
I just love all these horses and am getting to know In style and Picco really well.
I am learning so many things here for how I want to run my facility. I can't wait for that day!
I went into town yesterday to buy groceries and am pleased I'm starting to learn my way around. "Town" really isn't very big so it shouldnt take me THAT long haha.
I know this is kind of short but I need to make dinner before I have to head down to night check so will try to write again tomorrow.
Have fun May Long campers!!! This is the second year I am missing out on and I am thinking of you all. It's one of my favorite weekends of the whole year.
TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. I bet your ears were burning today, Serenity and I were talking about you.....LOL....She was asking me about Morag and when YOU'D be starting her and your length of time away.....So, what we talked about was having Renate start Morag, otherwise Morag will be very old by the time you come home, and we'd let you start Willow.....So, brush up them new methods cause Willow will give you a run for my money.....She's one of those thinkers that going to get into trouble....LOL.....

    Learn Lots, so that you can come home, we miss you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna, it's Sunday at 11:38 p.m. Where are you?.....LOL.....

    ReplyDelete