Thursday, May 7, 2009

What a day!

Today started off as any normal crazy day around here.....feed clinic barn, feed and water outside horses, clean clinic barn, put Mercy on the walker by 8 am so she can be ready to be jumped at 9 am.
Finished stalls and waters, got Mercy ready for Patrick.....it was too rainy and wet to jump on grass today so at least we didn't need to bother with corks. Helped in the student barn, got Simply ready for 10 am, put Mercy away. Helped get Eurostar ready for Alex and off to his lesson. Put Simply away, cleaned some tack, went to help clean tack in the clinic barn. Got Monte ready for Alex and put Eurostar away.....this is what we do all day lol.
Fed hay at 11:30 and swept. Got outside fields ready for the other youngsters to be turned out. Turned the young ones out so now I have 15 horses outside. As the days go on everyone is telling me everything I need to know while they are gone. Everyone leaves on Monday for the show in Palgrave. I will be staying home with In style and Piccobello as well as all the outside horses and two other staff. It will feel like a vacation for me after these past few weeks. I am going to spend the time getting the barns in tip top shape, learning where everything is, doing some field matenience ect. I think it'll be a good two weeks. When they return they will be here for two weeks and then off to Spruce Meadows for 5 weeks.
I'm happy the way it has worked out so this first two weeks feels like a good introduction to it all.
Once they get back from Palgrave (and things hopefully settle for a few days) Amy want to see me lunge and ride so we can put a program together. There has been so many things happening and things on the agenga lately to worry about starting something new. We needed all hands on deck to get ready for this nect string of shows and that I completly understand....even though I'm very eager to start my program with the young horses.
The vet was here today and went over giving needles with me. He wanted to make sure I know how to give intramuscular and intervenus needles so that if the need arises while I'm here alone I'm cabable. Of course I would never make a decision like that, on one of these horses, without talking to the vet or the Millars by phone FIRST.....just wanted to make that clear. But I feel better knowing how to do it, what to give for what ect.
I have lists going through my mind every minute about what horse is doing what, who's on this routine ect. I have alot to study. I told them I wants lists!
Nikki and I went out with the vet to give vaccinations to tall the outside horses. It went quite smoothly so we were pleased.
The Bell satellite guy came today so I have tv now YAY. And guess what day it is.....THURSDAY....which is GREYS ANATOMY....so of course we had a grey's night over here. Told everyone to come and eat junk. It was good times!
The phone guy was supposed to come to but he never showed OR phoned my cell phone like he was supposed to. When I called they company they said he was here twice....but funny how the satelite guy found me no problem and the phone guy couldnt. There's people here everywhere....arg im still bitter. Now I had to reschedule for NEXT week and I keep racking up my cell bill with all the customer service calls. I'm really afraid my cell bill is going to be around $400 or something YIKES.
Anyway today was busy....like everyday...but today I started at 7 am and was still working at 8:30, went and did night check and finally quit in time for my tv show. LOOOOOONG day.
I need to go to bed now. Oh and Diva got to run around the farm all afternoon off leash so she`s tuckered out beside me haha she was in her glory with all her friends.
Two new girls also arrived tonight and will be starting work tomorrow.....yay my new staff. Always another adventure waits just around the corner.
Also on another note....(sorry I keep jumping topics here) last night I read an article I believe Christi on IH posted...it was all about life`s choice. And if happiness is a choice....choose it. You can wake up each day and choose to be in a good or bad mood. I am a strong believer of staying on the posotive side to life and I feel it makes a difference in not only my day but in everyone else. So go to bed tonight, reflect on the day and choose to wake up happy and enjoy tomorrow. Sweet dreams all TTFN

1 comment:

  1. So true - about happiness being a choice.

    ReplyDelete