Monday, May 4, 2009

One day at a time

Well I'm in a slightly better mood today. It's hard to stay grumpy when the sun is shining and you have a few minutes after work to just take it all in and breathe. Today was a Monday....which usually means quiet days as there are no riders so it's a day all about cleaning and the horses. Today 3 of the other grooms were off though so Nikki and I had to man the Student and Clinic barn ourselves.....which is 21 horses. As well as I was doing the 11 outside horses....craziness.
The farrier came today to do the foals outside. I was so pleased my work this week has paid off as they all stood and were pretty quiet. He told me a story of how when Silver was just a baby getting his feet done he drug 3 people down the whole length of the barn and into a stall full of stuff. So I was happy to see him stand like a champ in a big field with his 3 buddies around. This past week I have worked with them everyday putting hatlers on, picking up feet and grooming them. Giving myself a pat on the back for that one :)
But because I had to tend to that poor Nikki was stuck in the barn doing a ton of chores! 4 people to run all 3 barns today was not a fun task but we managed.
Got every bucket in the place cleaned and scrubbed, stalls look beautiful and the horses got put on the walker, turned out and groomed. Not a bad day at all.
I finally decided to take the time to get my apartment organised. I called Bell and ordered a home phone and satellite tv service....now tomorrow I have to go buy a phone and Tv hahaha. I hope I can sell it before I return to BC as that is something I do not want to pack and ship! I'm hoping then it'll start to feel more like home....yep I'm putting roots down in Ontario, thats a scary thought. Got my dog, (and soon to be) Tv and Phone....what more could a girl want :)
A massage....yep I could REALLY go for a massage. I have a strong pain between my shoulder blades and I wish I knew what was causing it. Everytime I do go to the doctor for an "ailment" they just tell me I'm working too hard and if I keep pushing it it will keep hurting. Well.....sorry....I'm a farm girl. I'm not about to slow down anytime soon. I am getting older (I know I know your rolling all your eyes at me because I'm ONLY 24) but I am already feeling it. Horseback riding and training young horses really has its bumps and scrapes. I have tendonitis in both wrists which the doc said could turn to arthritis in the one I broke when I got bucked off two summers ago, a back that gets tight and gives me migranes and all kinds of other weird things. STIFFNESS.....since when do I get stiff when I sit down haha. Ok I'll stop with the I'm so old and I hurt talk hehehehe. I can just picture my dad saying "better take care of yourself over there" "be careful" don't worry dad....I'll do my best :)
Thank god I have a day off tomorrow! This is one day off I feel like I have earned! Yes I just had a week to go home but that was by no means restful in any way, shape or form.....that was just work outside of work. Am I ever going to know when to stop? Don't think so....I get that from my Mother. She's supposed to be retired but I think I see her less now that she's "not working" then when she was haha. She always has some fantastic idea she's planning to work on next. You go mom! I miss you....
WOW time has flown by again....why does work usually go slow and then free time at night goes WAY too fast *sigh* It's time to go back to the barn for night check to tuck the ponies in for the night.
I'll get back to writing details soon for those enquiring minds. What kind of things do you want to know?
Talk soon.....TTFN

4 comments:

  1. Yoga! Go to the public library or get online and order a beginner's yoga video. It will help the stiffness and hopefully free up your back. It's done some great things for me and my stiff muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to a good chiropracter might help too. Erin and I both have chiro adjustments as often as we can. From the time she was little, every time she fell, I would take her in and get her adjusted cause the fall would throw her spine out of whack. I have trouble in between my shoulder blades too, and get headaches from it. An adjustment always fixes that for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. massssssssssage - find a good masseuse and put their number on speed dial (as soon as you get the phone hooked up, of coure... hehehe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I didnt get to the library or to the masseuse today but I do think it's in the near future before I feel like a cripple....ouch.

    ReplyDelete