Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today was a good day :)

Well today was a great day. Aside from the 4:45 alarm clock that I wanted to throw across the room this morning....I hit snooze for 10 minutes which I NEVER do. The second time the alarm when off I jumped out of bed to get the day kick started so I wouldnt fall back asleep. Had a quick breafast and got ready for work. Headed downstairs for 5:30 and got all the horses fed, groomed, show sheets on and they were on the trailer and pulling out the driveway by 6:30....good for us half hour early! Sandra left with this load so I am all thats left. Well I still have one girl but she will be leaving us on Thursday....the job just didn't work out for her. So the hunt is on again. I was excited to recieve a post from Madison who is going to be coming for a trial on the 23rd so at least I know we have someone in the works. After Thursday I'll be on my own....which for right now is fine as the work load I am more then cabable of handling.
Ian came in this morning before he pulled out to go over the last few things he wanted to touch base on. With that note I held my head high and told myself I can do this.
The sun was shining brightly and by 10 o clock it was already getting warm. The rider came to work with the horses so I got In Style ready for him, then Picco and then Cash. Cash is the gelding who we brought in from the field. I still need to do some serious grooming on him so he looks more like the Grand Prix horse he once was and not a shaggy dirty field horse haha. Seeing him under tack gave me a whole new impression of him. He's a pretty boy. Tomorrow I plan to pull his mane and attack his tail with a bath and a bottle of show sheen....wish me luck!
Got the horses on the walker and turned out. Gave Stevie and Picco lots of loves today, took them out to enjoy some grass in the afternoon. Got a 30 minute luch today....yay for lunch :)
I have two barns fully cleaned out now, the main barn and the student barn and buckets scrubbed so I just have 4 stalls to finish in the clinic barn. We are quite pleased with ourselves for getting it all done right away.
Lots to do in the next two weeks so I've been making lists for things I'd like to do around here.
After work tonight (I was done by 5) I took my camera around to enjoy my surroundings. It's such a beautiful place and tonight I just walked around with Diva and was thankful for where I am. I sat down out in the field by the rock where Big Ben is burried and just took it all in. I need to resize the pictures so I can post them.
Today was a great day :) TTFN

2 comments: