Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 2.5

End of Day 2...11:21 pm Ontario time…..8:21 pm Port Alberni time. Glad I’m tired so it feels like 11:21 ! I’m sitting in “my” apartment at Millar Brooke Farms. I just arrived after a long day of travelling. Flights went ok. Montreal was an absolute snow storm. We were half an hour late boarding because they had to deal with ice in the engines and then we sat on the plane for another half hour while we got de iced on the outside…kind cool they spray the whole plane with water and what looks like a film of some kind! It was a little scary taking off on an entirely snow covered run way but we managed. Landing in Ottawa was much the same. I don’t know how those pilots do it. We couldn’t even taxi to our docking station we had to stop and wait while snow plows came to clear the run way. There was like a foot of snow on it! Crazy I tell ya. An old guy named Willy picked me up from the air port, I think he said he‘s turning 72. Poor guy was waiting for me for an hour and a half. Glad he stayed! Super friendly and we had a great talk on the way home. The roads were entirely white but obviously everyone here is used to it because they still go the speed limit in a foot of snow…..go figure. I was hungry by the time we got here so he drove me into downtown Perth. Perth only has 6000 people in it yet they have more stores then Port Alberni haha. It’s super cute and I can’t wait to see it in the day light. I love the history in old towns….Willy was born and raised only 3 kms from the farm and has worked for Ian for the past 30 or so years if I remember correctly.
The apartment is cute but I have no tv, no phone and no internet access so it’s pretty quiet…..but there’s books……too bad I’m not a reader. Maybe I will embrace these next 12 days and become one LOL. I’m writing this post on my computer and will save it to post when I find an internet connection. I should be getting to bed now….can’t wait to get up and go see the farm and the horses. Day 3 equals work day # 1 J …..Sweet Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment