Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 4.…Today was a good day. The time change is still affecting me and I did NOT want to get up this morning. Perth is 3 hours ahead of the Island so when I get up at 6:30 am it still feels like 3:30 am our time. YUCK. Went through the same routine as yesterday. I don’t know if it was because I was faster today or what but we got done earlier than normal. Christian (one of the barn managers) took me out for a little tour around the farm in the Kubota fancy golf cart look alike thing to feed and water the outside horses. The old retired ones are out in the field and so are the babies. Got to see where Big Ben is buried….what a magnificent horse he was. It’s STILL snowing out there…there’s about 2 and a half feet where it hasn’t been disturbed. Temperature isn’t bad but still in the minuses…..the barns are heated so we stay cozy. I’m learning all kinds of details to put into my facility when I finally get the chance to build it.
I’m getting to know the personality of the horses now….I love a few of them and wish they could come home with me….unfortunately they probably cost more then my house. They are all so pretty and we keep them clipped and in show condition at all times. I haven’t taken any pictures yet…figured I’d get to know everyone before I feel like a tacky tourist and snap a million pictures….after all I’m not supposed to star struck over the whole thing if I’m going to work here right? Anyway…..I’ve now found out I’m allowed to go into the lounge in the barn after hours so I can access the internet…yay I’ll be on every night now :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds nice and toasty.....You can be a tacky tourist, tell them, I said it was OK, cause I'd love to see how the other side lives....LOL Probably, not really much different than us....LOL....It's dinner time, our time, so I better get to it.....

    ReplyDelete