Saturday, March 14, 2009

Big Day

Today was another crazy day....I don't know why I always say that...it's always a crazy day haha. We started at 6:30 am this morning. We felt rushed to get stalls done and Amy was riding G Force at 8:30 am so I had to get everything in order for her. Right after I got him out of the barn Sofie came and asked Nicolas to get Monte ready. He was busy with another horse so I offered to get him ready since I used to groom for him I knew where everything was. Ok 2nd horse out of the barn. Then G came back and I had to get him ready for his pre purchase exam at 11 am.....he had to be nice and clean again (darn grey horses)
Patrick came to ride Mercy at 10 so I got her tacked up and out of the barn. Whew 3 horses by 10 O clock....I was on a roll. Put horses on the Electro rug, turned out, put on and took off the walker.
Mercy came back and I gave her a bath. G's vet appointment got moved to 3 pm. Got Mercy treated and wrapped, and hand walked for grass.
Sofie came back and asked if I could get Aubie ready in 30 mins. Got him organised and out of the barn.
G had to go back on the walker at 2 pm. I was told someone might come to see Aubie this afternoon and to get him clean and tidy after his ride just incase. So I got his show bridle figured out, put a different bit on and made Aubie shine.
3 o clock rolled around so I got G Force out and started with the vet. It was a 2 hours exam with every kind of test and full x rays. It was neat to see how they do it for these big money horses and I was happy to be involved. Except for the fact it was SOOO hot out and we did a million jogs for the flexions. I was red and sweaty as can be and felt embarrased about it. For anyone who doesn't know me I struggle with sweating. I am always hot and over heating and am very self concious about it. If I could have one wish it would be to have all of my sweat glands removed. Yes I know it wouldn't be healthy but this is something that affects me everyday.
So I tried not to worry about it and just kept doing what I was supposed to. He checked eyes, teeth, muscle response, blood tests, flexions, lunging, riding, x rays and on and on and on. The other grooms were done by 3:30 and waited for me to be done to feed. We were at the barn until 6 pm tonight.
Got the horses fed and headed home. We went to Coldstones after work....that amazing ice cream place mmmm.
It's my Birthday party tomorrow night so that should be fun and then I have Monday off YAY. My Birthday is on the 16th.
I was so tired today I fell asleep right after work for 3 hours, just woke up, showered and writing this then going back to bed. I have one heck of a headace at the moment so I took some Motrin. My body has been feeling the work this past week. My tendonitis is really playing up and when I muck stalls in the morning my finger tips in my right hand go numb.....my sister said it can mean your pinching a nerve under your shoulder balde. Hmmm OUCH.
Good night everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Drink lots of water! I used to get awful headaches and cramps at and after work and my paramedic coworker filled me in on why- its because you're overheated and dehydrated :)
    Dont worry, the heat affects you less the longer you're there. I didn't believe it when people told me that, but it really is true!
    Have a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Shawna.....may all your dreams come true.....

    .....and like Rusty said.....Drink Lots of Water.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup drink lots of H20 and even some gatorade to help get your electrolytes back up.

    hope your tendinitis settles down, I know how bad that can feel........so not fun when you've got to do stalls etc..! YOUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes tendonitis is no fun. It sure makes me feel better when I have a day off to rest it.

    ReplyDelete