Monday, March 9, 2009

Lovin the sunshine

Here we are at Monday again. It feels like alot has happened in the past 2 days....they've been long especially with the time change. One of my horses went to be tried, that was a fun experience to leave the barn and see different places along the way. I just love Florida and everything horsey around here. I'm told that it's only like this during the winter months though as in the summer it just gets too hot. It seems a shame as for 6 months of the year these amazing facilities just sit empty because everyone goes North where it's cooler just as we all go south to get warmer this time of year.
The weather has been hot hot hot! I got word today that I get tomorrow off.....YAY and it's supposed to be 83 degrees so I am going to lay out in the sun all day...lather myself in sunscreen and catch up on some much needed sleep...sounds like a great plan to me :)
Saturday was the $200,000 World Cup Grand Prix and this Saturday is the $75,000 class
This week is supposed to be "quiet" as no horses are over at the FEI grounds so we have all the grooms back at our barn which makes life run more smoothly. It's also Dressage week so there are Freestyles on Saturday and George Morris is teaching a clinic on Friday. I would love to be able to go watch but we don`t usually have the time to.
Then next week is the big $400,000 Finale Grand Prix....that will be a good one to watch!
Well I am getting sleepy so I will be online again tomorrow.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment