Monday, March 23, 2009

I feel like a new woman haha....day off

These past few days have been very very busy. With 2 horses showing each day I got to see the world my other coworkers have been living. I was usually in such a rush between the two horses and different classes I'd have to get one ready and walk to the show grounds where I was met by another groom who took him while I rode the bike back to the farm to get my next one ready and to the grounds. Pure craziness but alot of fun.
We have had a few days of cooler weather and rain. Florida is so not built for it...everything floods. Everyone thinks I'm nuts because I'm not cold. I was like HA I come from a rainy town....this is nothing!
It`s getting bitter sweet knowing we are not here for much longer. We keep that in mind now when we go grocery shopping as we won`t be able to finish everything.
We have been talking about housing when we get back to the farm. I think I get a different apartment then I was in before. The one I get now has a fun loft where the bed is so you have to climb a ladder to get into bed. I think thats kind of neat :)
I had a day off today. Apparently I was tired. I stayed up late last night talking to people online and I stayed in bed until 1 pm today haha. By 4 pm I was still in my pjs. When my roomies got home I decided it was time to get dressed and go pick up a few things from town.
Thats about up to date now....how is the Island life? I sure miss it there!
Shawna

2 comments:

  1. There is a shit swamp in my frontyard/paddock... y'know, same as in Florida - in fact, some days I think I'm in Florida. NOOOOT!
    So, ya... its been raining, but when it isn't raining it has been nice cuz it isn't -10 either.

    Thanks for sharing your adventure :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shawna, It's Friday, where are you?

    ReplyDelete