Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Singing in the Rain

We woke up this morning to a monsoon of rain. Luckily it didn't last too long but it rained off and on all day. The show went well and I got to take two of my horses for the first time to the "real" show grounds so it was fun. I had a bit of frusteration today as I haven't been here all THAT long as I haven't really been told or shown how the shows work because up until now I've only had the off day of showing. Of course I know enough about it all to figure it out however with my horses changing all the time and having Assini for only 3 days I didn't know which was her show tack, where the show sheets are ect. Everyone was away at the grounds with at least two horses today so I was usually left to fend for myself. It all went ok but in the moment I was stressing about not knowing and not being told or shown. On the flip side I'm glad at the thought of them leaving it up to me which means they feel I'm capable of doing so it's just such a fine line to toy with and I don't want to be wrong.
But I made it through the day, my horses looked beautiful and did well so it's all a learning process right?
I am enjyoing where I am very much but I question if being a "show groom" is going to teach me the things I want to learn. I will of course move around to different positions to see what else I might like to try but in the meantime this works and I'm in an amazing place with world class riders and horses :)
It's been a week full of thinking for me.....thats for sure. I am hoping to hear back from Beth soon since we are now nearing the end of March and the Ocala circut ends in 4 days. I know she's busy though so I don't expect to hear back from her until she returns back home to Ontario.
As far as I know we are here until the first two weeks of April....but it changes all the time so who really knows. Time is sure flying though.....can't believe I've been off the Island and away from home for 2 months already!
I miss everyone and everything about the Island so much. I'm hoping I'll (get over it is the wrong word) but you know what I mean, soon.
Goodnight Ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it really doesn't seem like 2 months, but, I guess it is.....We miss your kibitsing toooo....but when you look at the big picture, you'll be back home in no time flat....Ha Ha Ha...

    Friday is the 1st day of Spring and all I can say is Winter is going out in a roar....I really don't remember a Winter being this bad....Anddddddddd, before I forget, a very big THANKYOU for the Sunshine that you sent....I remember seeing once or twice this week for short periods of time and it certainly has been warmer.....No More Frozen Hoses.....Yayyyyyyyyy.....

    Well, I guess we should know in the next 2 weeks who you'll be working for, Beth or Ian....Both barns will be good for you.....I would think that once you get back to Canada you should be riding again....

    What an Adventure your having......I wish we could all be there with you........Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are busy and having a great time! Stay healthy and have some fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I really enjoy reading what your doing and I'm so proud of you for following your dream,
    learn lots and have fun doing so please stay healthy . I enjoyed our talk the other day good to here from you take care I'm always here if you need me, back home its doing the normal raining hard .all the best take care
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear from you all :)
    Jacque your welcome for the sunshine rays haha.
    Yes staying healthy is a big part of it and alot of the girls have been getting sick. so far so good...knock on wood! We are nearing the end of the circut and both people and horses are tired and it's showing. Glad you are still enjoying reading and following my story :)

    ReplyDelete