Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St Patricks Day

Today I got to work at 6:30 am, looked at the board which is what controls the layout of the day. I was grooming my 3 horses for Ian, Amy and Jonathan today....talk about a little nerve wracking!
I was told G Force is sold but for the mean time I had 4 horses....3 of which are greys....UGH !
So we cleaned stalls and course building was at 8 am. By about 8:25 I was told Ian needed Assini by 8:45....talk about RUSH. Now I have to tell you this horse LOVES to be dirty. Every morning she's as green as can be and usually needs a bath before riding. Well staying in the spirit of St Paddy's day she went overboard this time. So I had to beg and plead another groom to help me as there was no way I could get her shiny, white and ready for Ian....Oh MAN!
Well with the help of my fellow grooms I had her as white as possible, tacked up and ready waiting when Ian arrived, thank god! I would not have wanted to be on the end of that lead rope if I wasn't, especially for the first time grooming a horse for Ian.
As soon as I had Assini taken care of Amy came into the barn and said she was ready for G Force. Ok ran around like a chicken with my head cut off and managed to get him ready and out of the barn on time. By that time Ian came back on Assini so I untacked her and put her away. Soon after that Sofie came in and wanted to lunge Aubie before she rides him. Got him tacked up, set up for lunging and off they went. Then in came G. it went like this all day....just as I sent one out, the other came back. This went on until 12 o clock and Jonathan got on Mercy. WHEW sigh of relief....all four horses are out and 3 are back and put away. Then Sophie came back and wanted to ride Monte....who used to be my horse but isn't anymore. Nicolas was busy with Dryden the stallion and Ian so I offered to help get him ready. Horse number 5.
Cleaned all my tack that had been waiting for me, organised my tack boxes as they got a bit messy in the chaos. Then I took Assini out for a bath. The colors that came out of that horse even though she appeared clean were gross....and she gets bathed every other day! I scrubbed her really good as she shows tomorrow....not that she will still be clean in the AM....
Then I was told to bath G Force as he was leaving in the afternoon. So I got him all cleaned up and clipped up. He looked so handsome. Just as I was helping him get ready to leave Ian came into the barn saying I need Auto Be Aubie....who's horse is he. I said "He's mine" and Ian said there's someone here to see him we need him right away.
I'm so glad I had groomed him after his ride in the morning and rolls in the paddock so it wasn't too hard. Got him tacked him in show gear and sent him out of the barn. It was 4 pm by this time....
I said good Bye to G, got Aubie ready and off to his trial ride, he came back and I put him away, cleaned his tack, fed the horses, swept the barn, helped Julie with her barn (which has Amy's horses in it) and by 5ish we were done.
I am excited for tomorrow. I actually have TWO horses showing now....Aubie and Assini (both greys...sigh)
So I get to make two trips to the ring. One in Ring 6 and one in the International ring.
Nikki just finished looking at our draws for tomorrow and it's going to be one crazy day. Every groom has 1 or more horses showing tomorrow and they have us in an order that is impossible to have that many horses at the ring with the grooms we have so I'm not quite sure how tomorrow will unfold....however I do know it's going to be organised chaos. Anyone wanna trade hahaha?
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment