Monday, March 30, 2009

Another life lesson mood....

Well I'm in another one of those "life's little lesson" moods.
Good people attract good things and happy people bring light into other peoples lives. How the heck do negative people get ANYWHERE in life? No one has any given right to be rude for the sake of being rude or nasty to anyone for any reason.
I try to see the good in people and stay very posotive for the most part. I am only human and I too have my days however ,I think these people really need the mirror turned back at them to look at themselves. How can you carry on day after day being in a bad mood. Does that not attract bad feelings where ever you go?
Anyway....end of rant....whew....feel better now that I got that out.
Ahem...so today was a fairly good day. It was a Monday...which is supposed to be an easy laid back day. We start at 7....feed, clean stalls, put every horse on the walker and outside in the paddock. Don't forget the "boot routine"!
We also had 4 horses that needed to be hand walked for 15 mins each time, three times a day. So between the 3 of us working we did alot of walking today. And it was another HOT one. Thank goodness I wore a tank top like shirt today. I have been very respectivly dressed for work since the day I started and I don't wear tank tops like many of the girls do (I dont feel it looks professional) anyway since today no one else was there and its laid back and bloody hot....I wore my tank top :) haha
We had everyone on the walker and turned out before lunch so we got to go to Ihop again for lunch....mmmm
The afternoon was nice and easy. More hand walking, pick stalls, fill waters, clean outside paddocks, pick and rake the walker, feed, sweep and done for the day. We were done just after 5 and got home at a fairly decent hour. We are SUPPOSED to work 7-4 but I think that has happened once since I've been here and I think it was closer to 4:30 hahaha. I understand though...we work with horses and horse people...things never go according to plan.
Onto another week....this could very well be my last week in Florida. The first load goes home on the 8th and the second load leaves on the 13th. I have no idea which load I'm in yet. I hope I'm in the first....then I'd leave in 9 days and get back to my new position at the farm....in the COLD weather. I'm so excited for cold weather haha. Think I'm backwards.
Anyway....writing is such a great way to clear my head before bed so I can actually get some sleep. It's neat to think about how many people might read this. All the well wishes and comments sure make my day and make being away from home easier.
Thanx ya'll....Over and out. TTFN

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the cold weather! Yea Canada - True North!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shawna - sounds like things are going well despite the heat!
    Just wanted to say that if you want to know who is reading your blog (or at least where they are from) you can put a counter on:
    like http://feedjit.com/ or http://clustrmaps.com/
    The first puts visitors in text, the second makes a map of the world with pin points for where visitors are from.
    Anyways, I'm enjoying the reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx I added those....very cool :)

    ReplyDelete