Friday, March 6, 2009

Today's Happenings

Today was like any other day.....insanely fast and busy haha. We have been leaving the house at 6:30 lately so it's been nice to sleep in to 5:45 am....*rolls eyes*....you never would have caught me calling that "sleeping in" before I got here.
We are down to less then a month left here in Florida. The scheduled date to arrive back at Millar Brooke in Perth is April 3rd. Also only 10 more days until my Birthday :) The girls are throwing me a party....they are inviting everyone of course, as I don't know any of the other grooms and riders. Should be a fun time.
My horses were good today. I clipped G force yesterday as he was being tried out today. So I spent alot of time getting him clean and ready....he's a grey....I have two of them. I was excited to get to leave the farm. Patrick rode him over and I got to take his dirtbike....sooooo much fun! I met him at the farm we were going to. I thought the girl riding him looked very familiar and I couldn't figure out where I knew her from. As we were all talking Jonathan mentioned to me the president of CN owns the farm we were at, as we were talking about the expensive footing that cost around $150 000!!! Anyway then it hit me....back when I worked at Spruce Meadows Casey (the daughter of the man who owns CN) was showing there and was to be treated like royalty. Spruce's horses move out so hers could move in. Anyway long story short I was good friends with her groom and this was the girl again.....small world! She had a great ride on him and wants to try him again when her dad gets home on Sunday. If I get to take him back I will have to mention it to her to see if she remembers me. She looked at me like shed knew me as well but didn't have much time to talk other then to thank me for bringing the horse over. I thought it was kind of neat.
One of the other riders got a new horse today. He used to be owned by Margie Goldstein or Ingle or whatever her name is....I'm working on getting the names right I really am.
I had to switch one of my horses today with Nicolas as he has too many that are showing and cannot take 3 horses at one time so now I have a horse that will be showing YAY.
I got to pcik which one I gave him....if I was thinking better I should have swaped one of my greys haha but he already has two so I figure this way at least we are even. We have WAY too many greys in this barn!
Tomorrow there is a big Grand Prix night class so Nikki and Julie will be working late. I think we are going to try to watch.
The two swedish grooms, Nicolas and Sanda, are leaving on Sunday for the Bahamas for a night....I'm jelous! They have been here for 3 months so they have to leave the country and then come back. So Millar Brooke is flying them to the Bahamas for a night and back to work on Tuesday lol. I think it's kind of funny but it makes sence. But it also means none of us get a day off on Monday. It wasn't my week anyway so I don't mind. we only get two days off in a month....sigh....I miss having free time. We are lucky if we get 2 hours to ourselves in the evening where we can sit and not have to rush around. I have to say though I am getting better with it. As long as I'm busy it doesn't feel like such a long day...it's when there is slow times when all the other grooms have left to the grounds and I'm stuck at the farm alone that it feels long. It really doesn't happen that often but on occasion. So I'm thrilled to be joining them now with the new horse I'm grooming for :)
The weather has been cooler but it got hot out again today. I like the cool days. Hot weather is for the beach...it's not fun to work in.
Anyway I have been thinking alot of the bigger picture and my bigger dream. I can't WAIT until I get to come home and live it, but in the meantime I am gaining the knowledge and tools to be able to run a world class facility.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. It's not luck that gets you there, it's your ability....and I think you already have that, you just need to learn how to apply it....and knowing how your mind works, I don't think it's that far away.....

    So, two things come to mind.....wanna share your dream? I'll tell you mine....! Are you curious yet? I wanted to breed a horse that would be wanted, not just by others, but something very special.....Something that would be in that spectacular category....and I think I did it.....only problem is...can I hang onto her long enough to pull it all together....The million dollar question, don't you think? So, any idea how long your going to be away for? She'll need starting in a couple of years.....will you have time in your busy schedule?

    The second question is Where are the Pictures you promised.....?

    Hugs,
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't everyone already know my dream???
    And yes....I'm very curious about yours. Do tell more!
    I won't be away too long. I might either come home in June for a friend of mines wedding and use that as an excuse to stay home....OR if opportunities keep coming then I'll come back and finish out my year or learning before returning home again to stay.

    Check the IH Photo Forum...pictures as promised!

    ReplyDelete