Friday, March 27, 2009

What's next...

Hi All,

My appologies....I have been lacking in my blog writing. I've had a tough week again....We have been so busy and working even longer days. My horses have been showing everyday and life is so much fun but very tiring.
Yesterday I was finally so exhausted I went to bed by 7:45 pm and I slept for 10 hours. I was still tired. This is not an easy lifestyle. I often remind myself that I am hear by choice....not that I have to be. The good outweighs the bad and I look to the tough days as character building. I've been doing an awful lot of character building lately. I'm amazed at the fact that you truely find yourself when your surrounded by people you don't know and have no choice but to look at your own actions. Why you feel the way you do, why you act the way you act. I am a strong person and every day I grow stronger even if I don't feel that way at the time.
I am so passionate about what I do....like so many of you reading this are. Us horse people are a special breed. Every day I look around at the people who live this as their everyday lives. How dedicated both the people involved, their spouses, their families have to be in order to make it this big. It's not just a passion for them it's who they are and who they strive to be.
Ian, Amy and Jonathan are wonderful riders and wonderful people who work incredibly hard for what they have. I am thankful to them for having me be apart of this hard working, dedicated team because without this team they too wouldn't be able to live life this way. So much time, effort and money go into this lifestlye it's downright insane. I wouldn't change it for any other way.
I know I'm not the first, nor the last to ask myself why am I putting myself through this day after day? For the love of the horse of course.....
Oneday I too will be great and if I fail (because lets face it, you can't please everyone) I will know that I put my heart and soul into being the best I can be and will continue to until the day I decide I'm done.
My adventure is far from over and I know these are powerful words. My body asks why, my mind asks why but my heart asks...whats next.
There's your thought for tonight. Goodnight (BIG BIG hugs)

2 comments:

  1. There you are.....now just sit yourself down, take a deep breath and breathe.....You certainly didn't get to where you are now, without all the hardwork you've done....

    Hey you beat us at the Canadian Show by 3 points....and you worked harder than I did....Ha Ha Ha....

    The point being that you get, what you put into it....

    I have watched you work and perform for at least 5 yrs. and I don't think I've come across anyone with the determination that you have....to succeed with whatever task you take on.....and I've seen a couple that I wouldn't give 2 min. to.....but, you did and look at the results that you made.....

    So, whenever, you ask your mind and body WHY, think about those horses and think about the ones that your going to meet in the future that are going to be that much better because of the skills that you have learned and then passed onto these horses and their owners....

    You will be successful Shawna, so all this hard work will be your REWARD......

    Sleep well, my friend...my thoughts are with you everyday....:) BIGGER HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacque....you do say the best things at the best times. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write to me. I love finding replys to my messages :)
    I will keep your words in mind. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete