Friday, April 10, 2009

Down the last stretch

Today was slow going. Things are really starting to wind down now and both of my horses had today off and Assini went home in the first load. Ian and Jonathan are the only ones left riding here. Amy headed home today and so did more of the other riders.
Tomorrow is the LAST show day here at the Wellington Festival for us. Ian and Jonathan are riding in the $25 000 Grand Prix. So with 4 grooms and 7 horses our days take forever to go by. At first we thought this slow time would be a nice break for us, but when you are so used to working so fast day in and day out....when it's slow like this you get lazy and want to sit and sleep.
Only two more work days and then Monday we start the long 30 or so hour drive back home....I'm kind of excited for the roadtrip but I can't say the others feel my same enthusiasm haha. At least we have horses showing tomorrow and then Sunday will be packing day so we should have more to do then today.
The weather has been beautiful as always. It's been a nice livable temperature...cool mornings (which I LOVE) and then it gets hot for the afternoon.
There's talk that I MIGHT possibly get to come home for a one week visit. I'm waiting to hear back from Amy tonight. What a big pain in the arse I am though....she asked us yesterday if we wanted a week off all at once or just a day or two here and there. I said it didn't really matter much to me but I thought I'd have some time to at least think about it. Well they are so on top of things that by today the schedule had been made so when I went to ask if I could go home it didn't look promising. I gave Amy a call tonight though to explain my thoughts and why I felt it would work better. She's currently en route of the long drive from Florida to Perth so she said she'll call me back later tonight once she stops driving and has time to look at the dates ect.
So fingers crossed! If so I'll be coming home from April 21st to 28th.....please please please universe. I would love to see my family, friends and farm. Especially since I don't know when the next opportunity will be when I could get the chance to have a whole week off.
I'm on night check tonight so I should probablly go make some dinner and get organised to head back to the barn at 8 pm. I will update as soon as I have an answer about home :)
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment