Sunday, April 12, 2009

Goodbye Paradise

Today was our last full work day in Florida. Groomed the horses and put them on the walker twice, out in the paddocks and hand grazed the ones that don't go out. It was bloody hot today....last load home, packing day was much cooler. Luckily the drivers were around to help and did the majority of heavy lifting for us...yay men.
By about 12 both trucks, trailers, the black dodge and every vehicle we have was fully loaded and ready. The barn looks empty and Grand Prix Village looks like a ghost town. It's amazing that this incredible place sits empty pretty much from now until next winter as it just gets too hot here to function. Oh to have that kind of money and those kinds of choices.
We'll be leaving without In Style tomorrow as he is flying onto Las Vegas for the World Cup. Good Luck Stevie!
We said goodbye to the other grooms and to a few of the clients from here who we've met. I even got a little gift from the woman who bought G Force....he's doing awesome by the way <3>
Left work by 4:30 and went to Walmart to grab a few things for the long trip home. Sandra and I are travelling with the horses in the big rig (the big blue one you all saw pictures of) There are two drivers who switch on and off and we get to sit in the back and sleep....for 30 hours....no stopping. Oh man! Should be quite the trip.
But we actually went out for dinner after with the drivers tonight and they told us they do try to stop every 5 hours or so, so I was glad to hear that. I still think it'll make for quite the roadtrip.
We are heading to the barn at 5:45 tomorrow. Feeding the horses and getting them on the walker to loosen them up before their long drive and we plan to load by 8:30 and on the road by 9. So next time you hear from me I will be back at Millarbrooke Farm in Perth Ontario. Great white north HERE I COME!
I wanna make a snow angel haha.
Ok must get back to packing. I'd be worried about being tired but I get to sleep for the next day and a half so I don't really care about being up late tonight hehehe.
TTFN Goodbye Paradise....I will be back sometime.
Oh and please write your comments when you feel the need to....I enjoy hearing a response so I'm not just talking to myself lol (mom that means laughing out loud...she's new to computer talk....oh and dad too since he has now embraced the world of computers) Love you miss you....see you in 9 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shawna, you're not talking to yourself..we're all out here enjoying reading about your adventure!! Hope your trip back to Millarbrooke is awesome, at least you'll be well rested!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check everyday to see how your doing, so, keep talking it makes for the the ending of each day happy.........

    ReplyDelete