Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Diva and I made it

After a long day of travelling, Diva and I finally made it back to Millarbrooke Farm around 1:30 am this morning. Got settled and went to bed. Had to be up for 6 to work today....ugh,
I was excited to get back to the grind but still sad at the thoughts of leaving home again. As much as I love seeing everyone I'm starting to think it's easier to just be away.....I get so emotional leaving the place I grew up with all my friends and family behind. Since when did I turn into such a sap!
It's also hard this time because the trip home was about organising life so that I could commit to being here. In the past few months I've sold my truck, sold 5 horses, left my farm and moved almost completly across the country, basically completly closed my business at Secret Creek Stables. There's nothing left going on there besides a few boarders, now my horse trailer is for sale..... I feel like everything I own is soon going to be gone. I know it's only for the better to move onward and upward however there's a part of me really hanging onto what I have there. I guess that's just normal.
This is good, I feel good, I'm overwhelmed by where I am and who I worked for. In the big picture I soooooo happy but in the right now I'm still wondering if I can do this? Well those aren't the right words....I know I can do anything I put my mind to, and THIS I CAN do. I'm not afraid of change....I embrace it and am excited for it. I suppose I am allowed to have nerves....this is a big leap for me. Like I said....wish me luck!
Today rolled along rather well. Got back into the routine and can't wait for whats to come :)
Only a week and a half until the others leave for Palgrave...then it'll be quiet around here again.
Off to bed for tonight. Gotta catch up on some much needed sleep. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment