Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I am high on life

I am just smiling ear to ear today. So many things happening, so many dreams coming true and so many becoming even bigger. Even a few months ago if you told me I was going to be here doing this I would have never believed you. I am exactly where I need to be for right now. I strongly believe everything happens for a reason and those who dream big and work even harder to get there...will get there. Nothing can stop me and I am on a mission.
Two grooms and 10 horses left today. Started at 6 am, put all the horses on the walker and hand walked the rest before their long trailer ride home. Groomed them all up nice and loaded them onto the truck. Its so neat how those big rigs load. (again I need to upload the pics I took)
With 4 grooms and only 7 horses left in the barn out day felt empty. We actually had time to WATCH the show today :) My two horses showed first thing this morning so by 10 o clock my horses were done. We got the barn cleaned and our other chores done. So by 1 o clock we got to watch the $10 000 stake class that Ian and Jonathan were riding in. Our horses did well today coming 4th and 6th out of 30 or so riders. (again I got good pictures of them jumping since we were outside in the sunshine) I almost felt guilty for just sitting and enjoying it....and getting paid for it. But really...we never sit so it was a well deserved break. By 2 we headed back to the barn to get the show horses cleaned, wrapped and put away for the night. We were done and off work by 4....that has never happened once since we've been here :)
Tonight the 4 of us went out for dinner to a Thai restaurant...mmm it was yummy. Went shopping to pick up a few things and am now happily at home and almost ready for bed. I am dog tired this evening after waking up at 5....blek! Had a great talk to my sister who I miss SOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I am so proud of her and everything she is working towards. I'd like to think she's taught me a few things about a thing or two haha.
Ok...time to shower and sleepy down time.
T minus 5 days until returning to the great white north....TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment