Monday, April 6, 2009

Just another Monday morning

Well I have lucked out this week. Monday has rolled around again and I got it off YAY. It also happens to be THE last day off while we are here as next Monday I am heading back to Ontario.
So just to recap I had Saturday off....worked Sunday and now have Monday off :)
Sunday was organised chaos. It was the last $25 000 Grand Prix of the season and Assini was showing in it. I got Mercy ready for patrick to ride in the am, then got Cuervo Gold...some of you might know him he was one of Margie Goldstein or Ingle or...whatever her name is now, old horse. Kaila had all 3 of her horses showing so we all helped where we could. I took him up to the grounds where I met here and switched horses to bring Jose back. It all took longer then planned though so I was late getting back to the grounds to get Assini ready. I ran back to the barn with Jose where Lori met me so she could drive me in the golf cart....thank goodness because it was like 90 degrees out!
Got up to the grounds with a few minutes to spare. The other girls thankfully got her braided and ready for me so all I had to do was put her bridle, boots, hoof oil on and go.
All 5 grooms were busy with taking horses to the grounds and poor Niclas was stuck back at the farm all alone.
The day ended well.
So today....I am just sitting outside tanning and relaxing. It's a blistering 95 degrees out but not all that sunny...it comes and goes with wind and clouds...kind of odd weather.
I might update again later...time for a glass of orange juice and back to tanning :)
TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Yippeeeeeeee, keep that sunshine a comin'.....It was a wonderful warm day today....no jacket, no sweater....it was wonderful......Guess where I was.....in the house doing Income Tax, go figure.....

    I'm glad things are going well, Shawna, and it will be interesting when you find yourself back in Ontario.....Has there been any mention on what your duties will be when you return? I'm sure that Mandy and Christian are happy that you'll be back with them.....I'm sure they appreciate your skill with the young horses.....

    Take your time and enjoy the last of the warm weather as you have grown to enjoy, cause your coming back to Eskimo Land.....Ha Ha Ha.....

    ReplyDelete