Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Onto the next chapter of my life....deep breath

I'm sitting in the Calgary airport with Diva on my lap typing to all of you out in cyberspace. Stayed up late last night to get everything packed and got up early this morning to make sure I had everything. Said goodbye to the farm again...not knowing when I'll be back again...I tried not to think about it as I'm turning into quite the cry baby as I get older lol.
Mom drove me to the Airport in Courtenay. Stopped off at Bridles and N Bits to get a new helmet. They have GPA's on clearance :) But I still want a Charles Owen. I'm riding with the big rigs now...gotta look the part haha.
Made it to the airport and said goodbye to my mom. I was a blubbering mess as my dog and I headed through the security gates.
Boarded the flight and it all went quite well.
Travelling with a dog is not the easiest thing in the world when they are right with you. Especially a little dog that only wants to be on you and not in a little crate. I sedated her for the flight and she slept well but now seems to be zonked right out in my lap. I still think I'll give her another pill in a few hours before our next 4 hour flight. That ones going to be the test!
I'm excited to get back but its so bitter sweet leaving the farm. Lots of changes happened while I'm home and I'm sure convinced that I can make almost anything happen if I have enough determination to. I'll touch more on that later.
I know you have all been wondering what I'm up to and will be happy to know I'm back on track with my blogging.
Computer needs a power source so I think I'm going to pack up and head to my gate.
For all you Islanders experiencing the beautiful weather.....it's snowing and cold here in Calgary at the moment....brrr.
Next stop....Ottawa Ontario. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment