Saturday, April 18, 2009

Slow and Steady

Can't believe I forgot to write about the BEST part of yesterday! I got to drive Ian's beautiful insanely expensive Mercedes into town to get cleaned and then back again. What a hot little car to drive! I was excited they asked me to as that car is his pride and joy. I drove very carefully and responsibly however the power in that gas peddle was incredible. So fun!

Today was back to being slow as molasses in January. The weather went from sunny to rainy and cold brrrrr. But over all it was a much better day. I put my talent of talking and problem solving to good use today and tried to confront "the issue" that is going on. I feel much better that we were able to talk about it. Still won't fix it entirely but at least the story becomes more clear.
Amy and Jonathan were both away at clinics today so we only had one rider. Ian is in Las Vegas still at the World Cup with In Style. They get home in a few days and then things will start getting busy around here again.
Only two more days of work til I come home. I am SOOOOO excited.
I am having a meeting with Amy before I leave to discuss my position here just to become more clear on what is expected. I also haven't asked if my dog Diva can come back with me. I am REALLY hoping they'll say yes. Some of the other grooms say theres a no dog policy as there are already too many here between Ian, Amy's and Jonathan's dog.....however if I'm staying home while they go to shows I really want her here. Besides, she's smaller than a cat...she really is more like a cat than a dog anyway. It wasn't such a big deal before when I was a travelling show groom but now things are changing. I miss my puppy!
Worked from 7 until 4 today. Then I had to go back at 6ish to help Jonathan put Aubie away after his clinic. Unloaded him off the trailer, gave him a brush and washed his legs. Cleaned his tack and loaded it back up as he's doing the same thing tomorrow. Left the barn again by 7:30....and I'm going back again at 8:30 for night check haha. Oh well....not like I can go very far from my apartment anyway. Oh I just realized I havent uploaded pics of the new place.....better clean up before I take pictures though haha. Still havent really unpacked and organised. I better go make dinner before heading back to the barn. Goodnight

1 comment: