Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 10

Day 10...I think...are we at day 10 now already? Jeesh. It's my day off. This feels weird. Even at home I don't get days off. What do you mean I don't have horses to feed this morning....sleep in? Is that allowed? HAHA I'm LOVIN it!! I stayed up til midnight last night just because I could. I tried to sleep in this morning but still woke up at 7, again at 8:30 and again at 9:30 then finally I just said ok enough of this I'll just get my butt out of bed. I had a shower and got myself all cleaned up. It's nice to feel made up and pretty once in awhile just to remember you can. I did my hair and put on some make up. Some semi niceish clean clothes. Then I realized I don't have anywhere to go so off to the barn I went lol. Mandy and Christian looked at me like I was an alien....Yes ladies and gentlemen with a little elbow grease, hairspray and make up I do turn into a different person then who you see in the barn all day everyday haha. They teased me some more about how I'm not allowed to leave and if I don't come back they'll tell everyone I'm a horrible worker and why would they want to hire me. I do love Christians sence of humor :P
I just sat and watched them work the horses for awhile. Mandy said I can ride Hereo today if I like....that even though it's my day off she thought I'd like to.....so I'm going to ride him this afternoon. Darn I'll have helmet head after...not that I have anywhere to go. But I am going to see if someone will take me into town later so I can grab a few more things to last me til Monday.
I leave for Florida in 4 days now...I can't believe it. Time just goes so fast when your busy and having fun. Everyday I struggle with my thoughts of what I'm going to do. Can't I just work at both places for 6 months? Maybe thats a new idea haha. I'm really excited about Europe too. Christian brought a DVD for me today of a bunch of stallions in Holland and some of his stock. Said again that if I want to go he'll put in a good word for me.
Lauren Hays called the barn today. She's looking for more horses and help too so Christian is also sending me to see Jay Haze's farm while I'm in Florida. He's like "not that I wan't to lose you but he'd be a great person to work for as well with lots of other opportunities. He also has one of my horses I want you to see" I love how as soon as you step foot into this world that the options become endless. I want to ride this wave as far as it will take me and soak up all the knowlege I can. I'm a bit blown away by how far this could go but I'm trying to keep my head and just keep on working. It's neat to think about though hey....like where could I go with this?
Well for the first time in a few days I have energy to cook so I think I'm going to make me some bacon and eggs mmmm. I'm still sick and I sound horrible today, like I'm trying to cough up a lung. Advil cold meds are still doing wonders though. It's a beautiful sunny day outside and it's actually not THAT cold....maybe I'll go for a walk in the snow around this 600 acres and see how far I get. TTFN

4 comments:

  1. mmm bacon and eggs... I'm hungry now :P

    It is true, how there are so many options once you get into it. Keep working hard and there will be many many more for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :) :) :) :)

    It reminds me of Louis Armstrong, It's a Wonderful World....yeahhhhhhhhhhhh......

    :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shawna.....hope you feel better soon! I have so enjoyed reading your adventures. Makes me wish we would have had a chance to meet each other before you left. I am so impressed on how you have been able to jump right into this other world! I may have missed this info on an earlier post but......how did it work out that you have to make a decision between the 2 barns (Ian and Beth)? Is Millar Brooke just extending the chance for you to try out both barns....or did you go there knowing that you would be "trying out" for each position seperately?

    It's going to be really interesting to see what the differences are (not including the weather!!)

    get well soon, and have fun!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nora...Thank you. I came here with the intention of going to both places. I figure if I came this far I might as well. I was upfront with both people as to what I was up to and they both seemed ok with it.
    It has actually worked out really well so far :)
    And since I've been here the other people I've been opened up to is amazing....I'm loving the connections I'm building already and it's only my second week here!

    ReplyDelete