Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm going to stop counting days...

Well I figure since I've made the decision to move I'm going to stop counting my days. I didn't write last night as mom and I spent over 7 hours in the car getting majorly lost coming from West Palm Beach to Orlando and then trying to find a hotel. We were within seconds of where we needed to be but made one wrong turn ended up god only knows where! We kept going thru toll booth after toll booth so every wrong turn we kept making cost us more money lol it's gets expensive for wrong turns around here hahahaha. Finally by 12:30 am last night we found a hotel to check into and got to sleep.
This morning we checked out of that hotel and drove 45 minutes to where we were supposed to be. We took the car back, checked into our hotel which we are in now and had a rest. At 5:30 we decided to go to DisneyWorld for the evening as it was open late tonight. We just got home again.....spent 6 wonderful hours going on tons of rides, splurging on goodies from around the park and just had fun for the last night of our little Holiday together. Mom leaves at 5 am for her flight.....I have one more full day then I fly back to Ontario on Tuesday. It was cloudy today so I'm hoping for sunshine tomorrow so I can hopefully squeeze in one last day to enjoy the pool and my day off before starting back to work at Millar Brooke in snowy cold Perth Ontario. I'm going to miss Florida but there is still a chance I could be sent to work back here at anytime.....here's to hoping....although I really do enjoy working back at the farm.
I should let mom get to sleep.....I think my typing is driving her crazy. Will write again tomorrow :) Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. There you are, I checked back often and was surprised to not see your daily journal....I'm glad that you were only lost...and that you and Mom were spending some fun time before having to go back to the serious reality stuff....

    It's to bad that we didn't have a pool going cause I was 99.9% sure that you'd be going back to Millar Brooke Farm....I think that your going to learn alot from Christian and Mandy....You've proven yourself with your ability and endurance for your passion and now you will only gain the knowledge to keep sending you forward.

    Enjoy tomorrow, cause your back in the land of the Eskimos until the spring thaw....ha ha ha..

    Goodnight Shawna and pleasant dreams.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Jacque....yes I pretty excited to be going back to the farm. I really enjoyed my time there....I'm just such a sun baby so Florida is going to be hard to say goodbye to. Like they keep telling me though, there is a chance I could be sent back here next week or anytime if something else happens with another groom and they need me. They have an exciting year ahead so if I stay on for them I'll get to go alot of places with lots of different opportunites...or I can go work for Beth possibly after March. So my decisions are definatly far from over haha.

    ReplyDelete