Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 17

Day 17...today was a very round about interesting day. Talk about everything happening for a reason!
First thing this morning I recieved an email from Beth stating they really enjoyed meeting with me and would like to discuss possibilties of working for them when the winter circut winds down in March. For the time being they have enough staff and prefer to start people at home and not in the middle of a huge horse show....completly understandable. So I look forward to speaking with her again in March.
On that note Mom and I went out for breakfast and then headed to the show grounds to see what we could find. The grounds are HUGE and surrounded by beautiful gated equine communties. We drove past two fields where people were playing polo before we found the actual entrance into the show. Tons of little shops, perfectly turned out hunter horses and people galore, the place was buzzing. We couldn't find where all the jumpers were but we sat in huge comfy lounge chairs on a patio by the ring and enjoyed the sunshine and sights. Not too bad I must say....felt kind of like royalty. Apparently Madonna is even showing here in West Palm and so is Bruce Springsteens daughter amoung many other big names. Pretty neat!
After watching the shows that were going on we decided to take a drive around the rest of the facility and found ourselves inside Grand Prix Village which is where The Millars are renting a farm. All of these farms in the village are like properties you have only dreamed about. Huge towering houses and barns, perfectly manacured lawns and riding rings.....just incredible! We started to get hungry and decided to head back to the hotel for dinner. After dinner I thought I better get back to planning my decision as to where I'm going to be working.
So I call Millar Brooke to set up a time to meet with them in West Palm Beach tomorrow. I am still going to visit with them however, I found out they have been despretly trying to get in touch with me for the past 2 days as one of their grooms had to rush home and needed me to start right away. They had the wrong phone number though and when they couldn't reach me they were forced to hire someone else, she flys in tomorrow :( So I called Christian back at Millar Brooke Farm in Perth and the position there is still waiting for me YAY :)
So even though I am saying goodbye to Florida on Sunday or Monday I will still be working for the Millars and there is still a chance I could be sent back to Florida if something else comes up with the current grooms.
I let them know of my intentions about wanting to talk to Beth again in March and they said that is not a problem.
So starting next week I will be back in cold snowy Perth Ontario working for the Millars and still might end up working for Beth after the winter circut closes in March haha.
Talk about roller coaster ride. I'm going to miss the sunshine! Oh well onto the next series of my adventure. I learned alot in this crazy week and had alot of fun while doing it so there's no regrets what so ever!

3 comments:

  1. It sure seems like a roller coaster ride under the heading of fast and go...Either way, you will gain some fabulous experience and I think that you'll find that Christian and Mandy will be only tooooo thrilled to have you back....You will learn alot from them.....

    So, since you didn't find that Post Office you get to go back to the cold with the rest of us....ha ha ha......and by the way, we've had sunshine pretty much all week and the snow is finally melting and going away...Yippeeeeeeeee

    Pleasant Dreams, Shawna.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember "I Am Canadian"!!! The Foridian's could probably never handle working horses in that type of colD :) (I'm American...so I am not being predujuice LOL)

    As "Mrs. Brown" said in NATIONAL VELVET...."everything comes in its own time" You are doing such a great job....and you are representing our little neck of the woods in a very admirable way! Best Wishes and soak in a little extra sun for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Jacque...loved your wording there. You get to go back to cold with the rest of us hahahaha.

    Thank you so much Nora. I`m trying!

    ReplyDelete