Monday, February 16, 2009

Last night in Paradise

Today was such a nice hot day in Orlando Florida. Mom got up and left for her flight at 4:30 am this morning. It was hard to say goodbye as this time I don't know when I'll get to see her again. She left me a really nice Valentines Day card with beautiful words in it....some of those things only mom's can say and make you feel wonderful :) I love my mom! She also brought me a chocolate horse head all the way from back home so she would have it for V Day....so cute and yummy!
I have never stayed in a hotel all alone before. So now I had this HUGE room with two bigs beds and just me haha. I slept in until 9:30, put on my bathing suit and hit the pool. I was so excited to see the sun today after all the clouds from yesterday. I only have a very small tube of sunscreen so I put on all I could....but apparently that wasn't good enough. Everywhere I didn't put enough on, or couldn't reach by myself, I got burnt. I slightly resemble a very red zebra with all kinds of stripes haha...ouch! Oh man....but at least I got a great tan everywhere I didn't burn....I'm trying to see the bright side of this. Note to self....buy bigger tube of sunscreen next time!
Around lunch time I headed over to the Waffle House for some food. I am really going to miss the waffle house. Some famous kid or something came in today too. First this big black SUV pulls up and out gets a man in a black suit with one of those white wires up behind his ear. He looks high and low around the restaurant and then asks for the manager. He goes back out to the car and walks back in with a lady, a small child and the other man in black who was driving. The 4 of them sat right behind me and I just went on eating breakfast...everyone kept looking over in our direction...I wish I knew who they were haha.
I'm excited to be getting back home and get back to eating better. This past week has been full of goodies and everything I love but my belly is wishing I'd quit filling my face. Again...I never seem to learn this lesson....
I printed off my electronic flight ticket and booked my shuttle to the airport for tomorrow. I`m sad to leave the beautiful sunshine and palm trees that are Florida.....mmmmm......I will be back here sometime soon (maybe very soon if I get sent back to groom at the horse show which could happen at anytime)
I fly out at 12:45 tomorrow, have a layover in Montreal again and arrive back in Ottawa Ontario at 7:15 pm
Back to work on Wednesday :) !!

1 comment:

  1. Celebrities, what do they know....Have you seen that Movie, "Taken", there is a singer who has security up the ying yang and when asked about a singing career, she says she wouldn't recommend it because you then have NO LIFE.....How much fun can one have, if they are in a form of being under guard constantly? So, I agree, NO LIFE....So, I feel bad for them if that is the kind of life they must now lead.....

    Besides we have way more fun.....especially when we're out looking at more horses or attending Clinics or THE MANE EVENT....that was soooooooo much fun.....It gave me another perspective......and the re-union of all the people we hadn't seen in several months, everyone all together under one roof.....Yup it was great......

    Well, when you see Christian and Mandy, give them a big hug and tell them that I want them to take good care of you......since we're into sharing you.....Ha Ha Ha....Learn lots my friend and fly safe tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete