Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 9

Day 9....Oh man waking up this morning was hard. I'm so sick. Got ready and crawled into work. Christian brought me some cold meds at coffee break and they certainly helped. Advil cold and Sinus anyone...it works wonders! Mandy brings in donuts and muffins almost everyday....so much for my Atkins diet going out the window. I'm trying really hard to eat good but its difficult....especially because my cookware and appliances are something to be desied...However I'm still dropping weight pretty quick as the job is very phsical.
Today was another fairly easy day....well easy in my books because I'm used to working damn hard. Chrisitian put the 3rd ride on Mister. I love that horse. Not much talent for free jumping yet but under saddle he sure is cute. Then Mandy put the second ride on Annie, she has the most talent in the barn as far as the babies go. She's incredibly balanced and Mandy walk, trot, and cantered her and it was effortless. It was neat to see the way they do things. I asked a few questions but made sure they weren't the wrong ones....I got a bit touchy on one of them and I thought he was going to yell at me but he just got a stern voice for his strong opinion....haha.
He was joking with the account today who's super nice telling her that I'm doing good because he hasn't made me cry in the first week I've been here LOL. I just crack jokes right back at him and I think he gets a kick out of my sassiness :P
They keep bribing me with riding all the babies if I come back to work here. There's about 8 three and four year old that were just started or are being started. Mandy says we need you because I can't ride all of them. They really don't want me to choose Beth. They sarcastically make jokes about how horrible she is to work for and why I should work for Ian Millar. I'm really enjoying it here so if I love the opportunity to work for Beth this is going to be SUCH a hard decision.
Christian told me all kinds of stories about working in Holland...he's originally from France and Mandy is Dutch. He told me how to pick up great deals on fancy horses and when I want to go he'll take me. He said otherwise they see Canadians coming from a mile away and take advantage of you. I told him when I'm ready to build my facility we'll go over and buy some young stock and brood mares and start my own. He also said if after working here I want to get a job in Europe he'll know where to send me and I'll have a job right away. I'm feeling pretty gosh darn good about my performance lately. I must be doing something right...hard people to work for...HA! So far so good. Tomorrow is my day off so I'm on the computer late tonight. Not that I have anything to do or anywhere to go so I'll just meander around the farm and watch what I normally do. At least I get to sleep in. This 6:20 stuff still feels like 3:20 am my time and my eyes are showing it! Time changes are goofy to get used to. Anyway I think I'm going to hunker down with a cup of tea andwatch the Notebook. Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog!!! Congrats on everything- you will have a blast in Florida, take LOTS of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've a feeling that were going to loose you out here on the Coast, for a little while, anyway....Ha Ha Ha....

    It also sounds that your feeling comfortable and that your finding you way....

    It is a great opportunity for learning, so, if you must, then OK, we'll share you with them....LOL....

    Have fun, Shawna.....and Us West Coasters will be expecting a Bottle of SUNSHINE and WARM TEMPERATURES.....and if you forget that, then your in trouble and we'll make you come home....Ha Ha Ha....

    Soooooooooo, where are we on the Florida countdown...?

    Hope you feel better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your enjoying the blog and I will for sure takes TONS of pics in Florida. Can't take many good ones here as it just doesn't work well in the arena.

    Ok Jacque your too funny....don't worry I will be back to the Island I just don't know when exactly. But the Island is home and when I put my roots down I'm sure thats where I'll be.
    I am defiantly feeling more comfortable and finding my way here. I'm actually going to be sad when I leave on Monday incase I don't come back. They are still telling me how much I have to come back haha.
    Only 4 more days til I leave for Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete