Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 16

Day 16....Started our day early, had continential breakfast and headed for the show grounds. We drove around and found where we needed to go. We walked a ways around....the grounds are huge and it's easy to get lost haha. I found permanent barn 20 and introduced myself to Pippa. She introduced me to the other grooms and horses. I just followed Brianne around and saw what is was like to work there and asked her a bunch of questions. It was nice to hear the answers from someone currently in the work environment and she had nothing but good things to say. I was pleased right off the bat with how I got along with them. We got a horse ready for the Grand Prix ring so I walked up with Brianne to go meet Beth. We had a brief introduction and she asked me a few questions before she had to go walk the course. She rode the class and then came back to chat some more. The day went very much like that. We'd talk, then she'd go ride.....we'd walk to another ring, chat, she'd ride. It was great to see it all. She just keeps going non stop all day from ring to ring to ring riding both her and clients horses.
Because I was adament about wanting to ride and not just be the typical groom she's putting me on a horse tomorrow to see what I can do. Brianne said she would be mad at me if I get to ride more then she does and we were both curious to see which horse she's going to put me on tomorrow. It pays to go after what you want!
After mom and I had more then enough sun (we both got burnt) we spent the late afternoon and evening shopping :) I bought all kinds of cute polo shirts and more professional type clothing thats meant for hot weather. Most of my suitcase was packed for cold snowy -27 Ontario so I'm happy with everything I bought. Now I feel like I'll be decked out like the rest of the riders in the ring tomorrow. Im so excited!!!
After shopping we were told we HAD to go to this cute little iceceam parlour called Coldstones. OH MY GOODNESS someone needs to open one of these franchises in Canada! They have all kinds of really rich icecream and then you get to choose from tons of topping to mix in and they do it right there in front of your eyes. So I had a cake batter iceceam and then added in choclate fudge sauce and yellow cake pieces.....MMMMMM it was so decadent!! Good thing we did tons of walking today to make up for it.
From there we found a shoe store and bought a new pair of work shoes for me and some sandals for mom. After that we were ready for dinner (yes we had dessert first lol) so we went to the Olive Garden and it was wonderful. Now back at home and I did a fasion show of all my new clothes and decided what I am going to wear tomorrow.
I got an email from Millar Brooke today and they need me down in West Palm as one of the girls had to rush home so I'm sure I'll hear from them tomorrow. Not sure if I can go work down there or not, or what Beth has planned for me or what, so I feel like a bit of a pinball at the moment waiting for the next hit. We are heading down to West Palm tomorrow after I'm done riding and meeting with Beth. It all depends in what happens in the next day or two if Beth offeres me the job or what.....because I was thinking I could go down to west Palm and help there for a few weeks until Beth's barn is heading there to show and then meet back up with them. That way i can help out both farms? Not sure if that will fly or not.....so we'll see. Very cool opportunity either way I see it.

5 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha......Shawna you made me laugh again....thankyou.....Isn't it just like you, a total sponge....Can't decide and torn by both, the obvious answer, I'll work for both and at the same time, I might add.....That way you do receive the Best of the Both Worlds...Invaluable experience and opportunities up the ying yang.....I can't wait to hear what you do tomorrow.....and remember, we know that you ride well, but don't ride better than Beth.....Ha Ha Ha....equal is good....Ha Ha Ha.....Your poor Mom, I can just see her smiling and laughing and crying with delight, all at the same time....You Go Girl........LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jacque your too much fun! HAHA I thought it sounded like a good plan....who needs to sleep when you can learn! hahha
    Yes tomorrow is going to be an interesting day....and I MUST wear some sunscreen so I don't look even more like a tomato.
    There's alot of amazing riders out there....don't think I ride quite as well as they do!!! But I'll do my best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, how cool that you get to ride with Beth tomorrow Shawna!! Have fun and a great ride. Doesn't Coldstones rock??!! We have one here too and I totally love it!! It almost makes up for having no Timmy Ho :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup Coldstone Creamery is way too good -- haha, I try to stay away from there, I dont want to blow up! LOL mmmmmmm I can just taste it now!

    Hey Robynz -- Ive heard that Timmy's may come to Seattle--LUCKY ME! hehe!

    sounds like another great day, time to read todays(esp after seeing the pics on IH --HOLY THAT IS A BIG HORSE)!!

    ReplyDelete