Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 16

Day 16....Today was a very surreal day. Got ready and headed to the showgrounds for 8:30 am. I helped with stalls and cleaned some tack. I waited while Beth finished flatting another one of her horses to get Whitney, the horse I was riding ready.
All tacked up we walked over to the ring and I climbed on the 18 hh mare and warmed her up. I was already extremly warm from the sunburn on my face the humidity in the air I'm so not used to.
Beth was in the ring and just left me to do my own thing while keeping a watchful eye. So I put Whitney through her paces and tried to blend in with some of these top riders in the ring. Before getting on I was so nervous I thought I was going to puke. Not nervous to ride the horse, but nervous to ride in front of Beth and so many important people. As soon as I was on her though my worries went away and I just rode. I felt incredible on the back of her, she was so smooth and graceful yet with so much impulsion and energy to her gaits. I had a wonderful ride.
After I was done cooling her out I rode her back to the barn where Carlos showed me their way of untaking, bathing and putting horses away. I hung around until 1 o clock or so then Mom and I decided we better hit the road and head to West Palm Beach. It's 4 hour drive although we stopped a few times for a drink and snacks. We got to West Palm and headed the show grounds. It was pretty quiet there so were decided to just go have dinner, find a hotel and go to the show tomorrow.
I had a great day!
I resized and posted a bunch of pictures on Island Horses so instead of posting them again here's the link http://www.islandhorsesforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=32706

1 comment:

  1. OK, Shawna, now you got 4 offers, so what yah goona do?

    Did you find the Post Office yet?

    ReplyDelete