Sunday, February 22, 2009

I survived

Well I survived my first day. There was a $75 000 Grand Prix last night so when I arrived from the airport I went right to the show grounds. It was an amazing class with riders from all around the world. There were a few crashes where both horse and rider went down and there was only 2 clears....the course was greuling. So of course it was a long night for the other girls and we didn`t get home until 10:30 pm. I was in bed by 11:30....had no time to unpack, get food or anything. The alarm went off at 5:30 am....get ready, eat something head to the barn. It was a very fast paced day trying to remember names of people and horses. I feel like it went really well and a few of the riders said I came highly reccomended from Mandy and Christian so at least they had "heard" of me before. I met with Amy, then Jonathan and then Ian today. I am grooming for a client and have 3 wonderful horses to work with.
First thing this morning I had to get my horse ready, on the walker, then Amy flatted him, came in and changed tack then headed to the show ring. It's going to take awhile to learn my way around this place. There's so many back trails that are filled with horses, grooms, scooters, golfcarts, dogs ect.
All the horses get ridden, turned out and put on the walker. Everything is immaculate.
I know now why all the girls (and one guy who works here and lives with us as well) are skinny miny....they don't stop to eat....ever. Maybe it'll be good and I'll lose a few pounds however in order to run around all day long like this I NEED food. I do not operate well when I'm hungry haha. Not to mention getting used to the heat...my body is like what the heck is going on...cold weather, hot, then cold again back to hot. I was a sweaty mess.
Ummm I am not having much luck typing tonight....I'm hungry and tried lol. We got home from the barn at 5:30 pm (and didn't stop once today for anything) and me and one other girl have to go back at 8:30 pm for night check. Our house is about 10 minutes from the show grounds.
I will try to write more tomorrow however spare time is a rarity around here so we'll see.
TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy busy....you'll have to tell us all about the horses and what the duties are....Can't wait to hear everything....sleep well and chat tomorrow....:)

    ReplyDelete