Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 15 Cont'd.....

Today was a fun adventurous day. We slept in late since we stayed up too late...time changes were affecting us. Got up and got ready, checked out of the hotel in Orlando. We called the rent a car people and picked up our super cute silver PT Crusier convertible. Mom squished her driving glasses so now has them held together with scotch tape....yes it's quite the sight...I took pictures haha. So we went to Walmart to try to get another perscription but it was going to take too long and we were anxious to get to ocala. We found our way back to the highway, top down and music cranked. We sang at the top of our lungs with hair blowing in the wind. For anyone who knows how long and curly my hair is, yes it does get as messy and knoty as you think it would!
I was loving the sunshine on my face and the scenery around me. I had no idea how much farm land there is in Florida and TONS of horses, not at all green like the Island though. On the way I got honked at by a trucker in a huge big rig....mom and I thought that was pretty funny too :P
We finally reached Ocala around 3 pm....stopped a few times to ask directions to the show grounds as mom forgot to print off the ones I sent her as I dont have a printer with my laptop. We got sent in many circles so after a good hour or so we decided to find the hotel and look it up ourselves. By the time we got checked in and settled the show grounds were closed so I decided we'll meet up with Beth tomorrow. I got an email from Pippa who is Beth's barn manager and she said to give her a call. I talked with her and we formed a plan to meet up tomorrow. So thats where I'm at. Going to bed early tonight so I can get an early start tomorrow and make a good impression. YAY fun stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Florida is the place to be for horse people during the winter. If you're not in Palm Springs, you're in Ocala ;)

    You're lucky, I want some sunshine :( my horse's clothes are STILL trying to dry off from the downpour today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the Post Office is just around the corner.....and just so that you know, it snowed again yesterday....So, the sunshine is becoming a priority.....LOL....

    Have fun, cheers.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow...eeww it's hot here.....I got sunburnt! I never burn but its been forever since my virgin skin has seen the sun.

    ReplyDelete