Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 7...today started off slow….I didn’t sleep well last night so was very tired this morning. Went through our usual routine. I had to clip Marks two horses today…..Sunday who is white and Angelina who is a bay. The pressure was on to clip nice as these are clients horses who pay big money to be here….but my practice clipping all these other horses has paid off as they both looked really good….my best job yet! Of course it took a little longer as I was trying to be very correct. Christian gave me a hard time for being slow.
Had my daily ride on Hereo….Mandy said I could jump him today but I’m still trying to get used to him so I didn’t bother. I hate the prestige jumping saddle because it was made for Jonathan who has very long legs so the flaps are too long for me and puts me in an odd position. I have to work really hard to keep my leg under me and in his canter its damn near impossible haha. I felt all over the place today….maybe cause I’m so tired…..that’s what I’m going to tell myself anyway. But really he’s coming along well. He’s getting much more connected between my leg and hands now and I’ve been working on clean crisp transitions while staying soft as being out of shape he likes to invert and leap into them….na uh I don’t think so!
I got told today that I get Thursday off…YAY a day off….I didn’t think I’d get one during my trial time here. Not that I have anything to do on a day off haha so I might as well just work.
Christian brought me a TV today that has a dvd player in it. There’s no cable here but at least I have movies to watch…most of them horsey of course lol. I’m excited to just have some background noise in the apartment….its too quiet.
So I was officially offered the job today! Mandy asked me when I’m leaving for Florida and when will I know what my plans are. I told her I’ll decide on the 15th which is my last day in Florida and I’ll give her a call once I’ve met with Beth and Pippa. She said she’d really like it if I came back……good to know I’m appreciated :)

I should go do some laundry….everything I brought is now hairy from all this clipping and I’m itchy as can be. Laundry, dinner and then shower…..sounds like a plan to me! Talk to you later.

3 comments:

  1. I knew it, they're going to snap you up.....good but selfishly bad for me.....now I'll have to play with Morag.....but that's ok, you can fix her when you get back....LOL....

    This is going to be such an adventure and I know that I'm having fun watching and listening, it's going to be so great and I am so excited for you.....and yes.....it does show the Island that it doesn't matter where you come from, but it's how you do things...and that after all that hard work that there is a place for everyone at the end of the rainbow....where all your dreams can come true......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Very cool, I have to admit I'm not really surprised though. Must be awful to have to go all the way to Florida and then have to decide eh?

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx so much Jacque...I so look forward to your warm and fuzzy comments :)

    Ann...yes I'm thrilled about Florida. If I do take the job for Ian though and fly all the way back to the farm in Ontario only to be sent to Florida again in a week or two I'm going to laugh haha. I've done more flying in the last while and have tons more ahead of me if I stay.

    ReplyDelete