Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nations Cup

Last night was the Nations Cup at 7 pm. As if we don't work enough with horses from 6 am until 6 pm....we also go to watch night classes after work hahaha. We bought tickets for the Canadian section and of course we were the rowdiest lol. There were 4 riders per nation team and two rounds to be ridden. The canadian team consisted of Eric Lamaze, Keean White (sp), Yann Candel last?) and of course Ian Millar.....I can't believe I don't know how to spell all these names haha. Ian went clear in the first round but halfway through couse In Style through a shoe....but the good boy still gave it all he's got and went clear. Ian was the second of last in the order of go and Canada was sitting with 15 faults after dropping the low score. I think it was Ireland who was the last rider to go and if he had a clear round they'd win. He knocked a rail and Canada cheered....that meant we won the $ 75,000 Nations Cup!!! It was so great to be apart of it all. As tired as we all get it makes it all worth while to be apart of those moments. The barn was a happy place to be today :)
As of today I've been working in Florida for a week and I'm starting to feel more settled. I know the horses, I know the people and even better....they know me too.
And the best part.....they told me yesterday they are giving me a raise :) !!! YAY. Lori said she talked it over with Amy and felt I'm doing such a fantastic job and I deserve a pay raise. It was sure nice to hear that feedback as you all know I was having a few issues this past week. Being away, meeting new people really makes me realize how sensitive of a person I am. It has always been my lesson in life to stand up for myself and go after the things I want. To know that I am good enough and I need to speak up when I feel the need to do so. I'm so excited for this adventure I'm on and besides the amazing skills I'm learning I'm also thankful for the contacts, the references and all the people I am meeting along the way. I am going to walk away from this a million times richer in experience and what more can you ask for.
I have my groceries in order and I am sleeping better. Still not quite climatized yet but I've always been too hot anywhere I go haha. I get Monday off.....yay another day off.....it's been awhile since that last day off at the farm haha. Technically I wasn't working when Mom and I were in Florida but we were up early every morning and doing horsey things all day so it didn't feel like time off.
And this time I have roomates/coworkers who will be off to so we can actually go play in Wellington :) Fun fun!
Anyway...off to bed. Sunday means Grand Prix day which means hectic in the barn all day.....Goodnite

3 comments:

  1. Heat issue is because we have such an efficient thermal layer... :0) Built for the north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the raise - that is encouraging, eh? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time, despite the heat! Good job on getting a raise, every bit helps I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete