Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 14

Day 14...I'm en route to Florida. Got to the Ottawa airport at 9ish this morning. Boarded my plane and landed in Chicago. This airport is bloody MASSIVE....like I mean it looks like a city in here. I'm loving this computer on the go thing though I wish I didn't have to keep paying for it lol....
I'm waiting for a phone call from my mom. I have no idea what time she's supposed to arrive here as I keep going through different times zones. My computer says 3:00 and my cell phone says it's almost 2:00....our plane boards at 4:00.....I'm so confused haha. So in the meantime I will just sit here and hope that my cell phone being on isn't costing me a fortune waiting for my mother to call. The little roaming signal is on so it makes me worry.
I'm a little stressed today...not just for the fact of travelling (which I am actually really enjoying doing on my own) but because I'm learning a lesson in people. This horse business is a special place to be and at times can be so rewarding and other times makes you stop and wonder why the heck we put ourselves through this day after day. (I'll let myself wallow in this thought for 5 minutes then move on to happy again haha)
I'm really hungry and I'm surrounded by food but I can't find a bank machine to take money out of and I always have to stop and think which currcency do I need now :P Besides I was hoping to have lunch with Mom....if I ever find her.
I'm wondering if my luggage carried on through this layover....I think it does but I can't find anyone to ask....I would just go to the baggage claim and check except that its probablly like 18 blocks (if we were on a street) away....huge place remember! i might not find my way back again.
Well I'll be online again tonight once I get to the hotel in Orlando Florida. I'm sure passing through alot of different cities and towns....wish I had more time to actually see what was here. TTFN

2 comments:

  1. I used to go through the Chicago airport all the time. Crazy!!! The last time I was there they had just put up the dinosaur skeletons. :P

    Don't worry about the nutjobs in the horse industry... there are tons of them. Take pride in the fact you are NOT one of them.

    Remember, take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EquitationSuperstar, you are funny....nutjobs and dinosaurs....I love it....

    It's 11:28 p.m. our time, so hopefully you've found Mom and your on a plane or at the hotel, one of them, hopefully.....I think I'm tired, that whole sentence doesn't make sense....LOL...

    Anyway, have a great time....and send pictures and sunshine....

    ReplyDelete