Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 11

Day 11...Oh man....only two more days and my "trial" here is done. Time has gone so fast. I love the sunshine here....It hasn't rained yet...mind you it hasn't been above zero yet either lol. I look at the sunrise and sunset everyday. It's a beautiful place to live.
It was just Mandy and I today as it was Chritisian's day off. It was a very easy relaxing day haha. I got stuck doing most of the stalls this morning though as Mandy had to run to take her son somewhere. But I managed and when she came back she brought goodies for our coffee break :) I love goodies! We sat and talked...probablly for longer then we are supposed to but it was fun. We discussed different training methods and lots about horses as always. She continues to think of ways of bribing me to come back here. Lets see....so far I get to ride all the young ones, I'd get a newly repainted bigger appartment thats above the one I'm in now, she invited me over for dinner tomorrow night....which by the way Mariylyn (crazy cat lady) said I'm the first one that she's knows of that has ever been asked hehe. I said to her today at least it feels good to be wanted and she said yeah it doesn't happen often. Usually Christian is ready to throw the girls out after the first week so she said since I've won him over I'm good lol. I told her how I can't wait to get over to Europe to see things over there and she said the Millars are thinking of doing the Europe show tour again so I should stick around :P One way or another I'll get there. She took me into town for lunch today so that was nice.
Mandy lunged a bunch of the babies....we had to check May over as she jumped out of her paddock yesterday and scraped her legs a bit. Damn jumping horses, you teach them how to free jump and suddenly paddock fences mean toys HAHA...except she learned the hard way that your not supposed to touch them as those kind don't fall down!
Marilyn took me to town again after work to grab a few things I need to last me until Sunday. Only two more work days now until I leave at 8 am Monday morning for Florida. Sunshine here I come!
Af

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for you to get to Florida, I am sooooooooo longing for the warmth and the sunshine....heck in another 6 weeks, we're going to have our own sunshine.....but you can still send me some, so that I know what I'm missing.....LOL....

    These people seem nice Shawna and I can hear that you are becoming a large part of their routine....They will miss you when you go to Florida.....and I bet.....they'll be impatiently waiting for your decision....Go with your heart Shawna and find what you are seeking.....and remember we Islanders are only a computor board away....Hugs to you......

    ReplyDelete