Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finally writing...

Sorry I have been MIA the past few days. I have been soooo tired. Trying to catch up on sleep and getting used to a new place with very long days. I think my body has finally adjusted and the days aren't so hard. I have a routine. I know my horses.....things are good.
One frusration that sticks out from today is I cannot believe how much these people dwell on the bad things. I mean when we teach people we point out the posotive right? And with training horses....same thing. We praise the good things. Here it seems no matter how hard you work the people who matter only see or comment on the bad things. Today I didn't pick a horses feet out before I took her out of the stall. She was on the walker already so her feet had already been done and I did check them first. Anyway she pulled a bunch of sawdust out and they were like " awwww you didn't pick her feet!" I went back and swept it up....no big deal but still....seemed to be to them.
The other thing was, I was in a hurry getting a horse ready to go be lunged. Ian and a bunch of people were in the barn.....it was a zoo this morning. Anyway my rider started to lead the horse out and I had one more clip to do up on his surcingle...he kind of shy'd away from me as I was moving fast and there was lots of people around and Ian went on about how I shouldn't do that and it's a good way to be kicked. I was thinking to myself....YES I KNOW....but you want things perfect and that puts pressure on. Pressure to be fast and move fast and thats what I was doing. I wasn't being danergous in anyway and I came from the front of the horse, not behind like he thought. Anyway this stuck in my mind all day. I'm a sensitive person like that and I put alot of pressure on myself to be perfect. I just have a hard time with things like that.
Today was crazy busy but I enjoy it when it's like that. Makes the many hours in the day go by fast. Waking up at 5ish isn't such a shock now which is nice.
We all have tickets to watch the $75,000 Nations Cup at 7 pm tomorrow night. Ian is riding In Style in it so Nicki will be working late....long day for her. We get to sit somewhere special apparently. YAY.
The weather has been a little cooler which is nice for me because I get so over heated.
Ok I have no idea how this paragraph sounds as I'm watching TV as I type haha. I'm watching NCIS...it's a good show. I have to go back for night check tonight so I only really have two fulls hours of ME time before I go to bed so I'm trying to multi task lol
TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Aweeeeeee, Shawna, don't take it to heart....Like you said he, Ian likely didn't realize that you approached from the front....therefore going into safety mode.....He doesn't know you like we do....and was likely speaking out of care....

    I'm glad your enjoying the work and I do that soaking up everything you do and see....

    Take pictures tomorrow if you can, I'd love to see some of what we only hear about....

    Sleep tight and don't let the bugs bite....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawna,

    We haven't met before, but I am from the Island and have been following your adventure!

    I wanted to send some words of encouragement your way. From what I have read you seem like a very competent and knowledgeable horse person, who is making our Island proud!

    I am a sensitive person as well, and have some of the same qualities you have described in yourself. I can totally relate to your post today about the feelings you experienced and I wanted to reiterate what Jacque said about not taking it too hard.

    In time your co-workers will start really appreciating your positive outlook and come around! I know they will! Happiness and Positivity is contagious!

    Keep your head up and know this awkward phase will pass!

    Mr Miller, in time will also get to know you and perhaps in the future you two can have a chuckle about it together!

    I look forward to your installments and wish you much happiness and success in your adventure!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much. I needed those words. It's very touching! It's so great to know I have such wonderful people behind me....even if we don't "actually" know each other. It gives me a different kind of strength to think of the bigger picture as to what my message is saying. Thank you....hugs

    ReplyDelete